BBC announced today that the Doctor will soon be regenerating, in other words, changing form. In order to keep ‘Doctor Who’ running since 1963, this regeneration tends to occur around the time they need a change in actor. The Doctor’s 11th incarnation, Matt Smith, will leave the show at the end of 2013, after the 50th Anniversary Special and the Christmas Special. To commemorate his wonderful and wonky four years on the hit show, ViralRead put together eleven of the Eleventh Doctors best quotes.
1) “Bow ties are cool.”
(S5E1: ‘The Eleventh Hour’, at least, that’s the first time he says it)
2) “The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes—very rarely—impossible things just happen and we call them miracles.”
4) “Hey do you mind if I tell you a story? One you might not have heard? All the elements in your body were forged many, many millions of years ago, in the heart of a far away star that exploded and died. That explosion scattered those elements across the desolations of deep space. After so, so many millions of years, these elements came together to form new stars and new plants. And on and on it went. The elements came together and burst apart, forming shoes and ships and sealing-wax and cabbages and kings. Until eventually, they came together to make you. You’re unique in the universe. There is only one You. And there will never be another.”
6) “I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know, it was the best.”
7) “WHO DA MAN?!”
9) “I’m not running away. But this is one corner of one country in one continent on one planet that’s a corner of a galaxy that’s a corner of a universe that is forever growing and shrinking and creating and destroying and never remaining the same for a single millisecond, and there is so much, so much, to see, Amy. Because it goes so fast, I’m not running away from things, I am running to them. Before they flare and fade forever.”
11) “The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and…bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant.”
Bookies are now taking bets as to who will be the next Doctor… who do you think it’ll be?